Update MAIER: Corona-Virus
Wednesday, April 22nd 2020
Starting this week, public life in Germany is slowly starting to return to normal, so we are also starting to return to normal gradually.
Despite this, of course we are aware that the situation is still serious. Therefore, we continue to follow the guidelines given to maintain health protection. Ensuring the health of our employees and partners worldwide is still top priority.
Since everyone can contribute to minimising the risk, the following regulations will be applicable as of May 4th in addition to the internal protective measures:
- Meetings that are not essential should be held by telephone or video conference.
- Our field service in Germany is allowed to visit customers again. These customer visits need to be conducted under the existing hygiene and distance guidelines. This includes maintaining a minimum distance of 1.5 metres to other people, personal hygiene to prevent infection, and not shaking hands, for example when greeting or saying goodbye. In addition, these meetings should be held within the smallest possible circle of participants and in a well-ventilated room.
- If a visit by our field service or our service technicians at your location is not possible but a contact is necessary, your contact person is of course always there for you by telephone or e-mail. We also offer virtual customer visits. For this purpose, please get in touch with your contact person.
- Of course we carry out repairs in our in-house service department as usual. We are also happy to support you individually with all available media during installation and removal.
- At our site in Heidenheim, we will again welcome customers, suppliers and external service providers in accordance with the above-mentioned hygiene and distance regulations.
- Deliveries and collections are possible without restriction at the known times.
- All business travel abroad will continue to be suspended.
Our supply chains are secured, which is why we are not affected by any shortages or breakdowns by now. We also assume that we will remain able to deliver without any delays.
Your contact person in the sales department as well as our technical support and service team can be contacted as usual by phone and e-mail during normal business hours.
We are facing up to the challenges and will continue to be at your side as a reliable, flexible and competent partner – whether via e-mail, telephone or video chat.
On current developments as well as further steps, which might have an influence on customer service, delivery times or our ability to deliver, we will inform you immediately.
Monday, 16th March 2020
According to the WHO we are currently in the event of a pandemic. The government and public authorities intensify bans or restrictions. Public life has been limited to a minimum.
At MAIER, we also take the current situation very seriously. Health and security of our employees must be top priority. In order to minimize the risk and to contribute to prevent the spread of the virus, a number of safeguards have been implemented:
- For the time being, our sales representatives will stop visiting customers. Of course you still can reach your contact person by phone and e-mail
- We are sorry that we are not in a position to welcome customers, forwarders or external service providers at the moment
- For the next three weeks, some employees will work from home
- All business trips have been stopped with immediate effect
- Inside the company all precautionary measures have been taken, our employees have been grouped and work in shift models
Please be assured that we will keep you informed about the further development.
With respect to our customers we are happy to inform that so far there are no shortages of materials, components, forwarders of staff expected. So far, all our entities and production sites are open and working so that we consider all orders to be carried out in time. As usual, you can get in touch with our technical support by phone and e-mail during normal business hours.
In case of questions you are welcome to contact us at any time.